Beer

Beer

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Winterfest...is coming

I know I said I wouldn't post UNTIL after Winterfest this weekend, but I'm excited and I want to share the love with ya'll. ColLAboration is a huge event, it's basically--38 Degrees, Tony's Darts Away, Mohawk Bend, Verdugo Bar, Blue Palms, and Surly Goat coming together to create an event for all of us beer lovers. Now ColLAboration has been hinting at what beers are going to be available during Winterfest--and admittedly my mouth dropped open when I found out yesterday they were going to be pouring...
It reminds you of Pirates of the Caribbean doesn't it? Anyways I spent 2 years looking for this beer before I found it one evening at Tony's Darts Away, believe me, between this beer and the newly released Pliny the Younger--I'm going to be all over the place. Now if you want to go, which you really should--you can buy glasses at Mohawk Bend or Tony's Darts Away. That glass is your ticket. And you get a cool beer stein to keep forever and ever. I might be wrong, and I will check at Winterfest but if you previously have a glass from another event--it still works as a ticket? Think I read that somewhere. There's taster tokens for purchasing your beer, which some of you might go "But I just spent 15 bucks on the glass!" SHHHHH. No. It's worth buying the tokens at the door so you can obtain said delicious beer. I'm not sure what the tokens go for, I thought they were 5 bucks a piece but I think that's probably wrong (math was never my best subject). Anyways there's all kinds of fun packages online Here for you to choose from. Now Pliny the Younger was debuted at Verdugo Bar last night and within 90 minutes 15 GALLONS were gone. Yeah, 15 gallons in about an hour and a half. So I suggest if you really want a taste of it, don't get there at noon--get there at 11:30. So you can be "one of those" people like me. Competition for that and Victory at Sea is going to be fierce. There are other CoLAboration venues during the year, but I'm not entirely sure when. Now if you're so broke you can't afford 15 bucks for a glass--there's all kinds of raffles going on via Twitter. ColLAboration themselves tweet about them, as does Tony's and Mohawk Bend. Hell, I just won 2 taster tokens--that's 2 free beers. I squealed like a school girl when I got the message about it today. You tweet? Cool, @ColLAborationLA is the twitter page. I'll be at Winterfest with my dad, aka "The Dude". He's good fun, I promise. So if you see me roaming around and you want to come up and say hello, by all means. Winterfest is being held at The Belasco on the 26th, from noon to 5pm. But seriously, you want Pliny the Younger--you should be there at 11:30. Otherwise, it'll be gone in 90 minutes or less. Also, a friend of mine who's tech savvy and knows more about this than I do (Oh sure, I could probably DIM, but I'm inherently lazy and I haven't used HTML in like...7 years) is going to be giving this blog a bit of a facelift. But this will be after the Winterfest blog--so you might want to read that one quickly before he starts making tweaks (Thank you Chris). See you at Winterfest.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the love, Nicole!

    Yes, glasses from previous events will be accepted as admission at this event.

    Beer tokens are 6 bucks a pop, but previously when people bought multiple tokens we've offered a package deal (it has previously been 4 tokens for 20, making it $5 a pop.)

    Thanks for being a great supporter and congrats on winning our tokens. We'll have to toast each other on Sunday. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys for having such an awesome event! I meant to go last year but I failed at thinking ahead so my Pops and I got stuck in line waiting for glasses.

      Thanks for the info! We will have to toast each other Sunday!

      Delete